Biosensor Scientist (Life Sciences), Special Projects
SwissDeCode engineers develop technologies that empower agro-food organizations to secure and build trust in the global food supply chain. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and determined team, you develop new products that are deployed in remote areas to be effectively used by untrained workers / robots.
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You are a scientist with experience in chemical and biological sensors who will work with SwissDeCode to support the development of portable diagnostic technologies and bio-tracer discovery projects such as the BeerDeCoded study. You will also support our internal research programs that seek to fundamentally advance the state of the art in instrumentation, methods, and detection methods in related areas.
Develop disposable biosensors to detect bioanalytes in real-time, in a complex biochemical environment.
Design, fabricate, and characterize biodegradable materials for biosensor formulations.
Scout, evaluate and recommend existing and novel biosensor technologies.
Develop validation and quality control methods to assess new designs.
Contribute to the generation and documentation of standard protocols and intellectual property.
- Maker/DIY mindset with practical experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field.
- Experience with R&D strategies for real-time biosensing of nucleic acids.
- Experience with R&D strategies for food testing and nutritional profiling.
- Expertise with analytical techniques to characterize biosensor sensitivity, selectivity, stability.
- 5 years of post-graduate industry or academic experience.
- Background in diagnostic technologies.
- Experience in a biotechnology start-up environment.
- Excellent communication skills as well as ability to communicate effectively with scientists and engineers from a wide range of technical backgrounds.
- Can do attitude and propensity to change the status quo.