Apply to be a Judge
If you’d like to apply to be a judge, please click here to register as an Expert and complete your Expert (Judge) Profile.
We will review all submitted profiles and let you know if we can use your support in Round 1 of judging.
Learn more about Judging
Would you like to help identify the next generation of high-impact startups? Judges enjoy the first look at new ideas coming out of the ecosystem, and are able to read, hear and comment on the best applications to the accelerator.
Round 1 judging (online reviews, March and April) and Round 2 judging (in person, May) determine which teams get into the accelerator program. Final judging occurs at the end of the accelerator in October and determines the winners.
You must sign up for Round 1 judging to be considered for Round 2 or later judging. We will let you know during Round 1 judging whether we can integrate you as a Round 2 judge and will coordinate scheduling then.
Round 1 Judging
- Online - Judges will read and rate 2 page executive summaries (applications) online
- Judges provide at least 30 words of written feedback on each application
- Each judge is expected to read at least 10 applications over the dates below
- Judges may commit to read 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or more applications
- Based on prior years’ experience, each batch of 10 applications may require between 1-2 hours to complete
- Round 1 Early Bird phase - March 20 - 28, 2013
- Round 1 Regular phase - April 5 - 25, 2013
Round 2 Judging
- In person at the MassChallenge offices
- Each participating judge may sign up for one or more 4-hour sessions (morning or afternoon)
- Each judge will review 7-8 teams per 4-hour session
- Each team will have 20 minutes to present (10 min presentation, 10 min Q&A)
- Round 2 judges must have participated in Round 1 (online) judging
- Round 2 judges will be invited and confirmed once the demographics of the entrant pool and judging needs have been determined
- May 7-10 and 13-14, 2013
MassChallenge judges are:
- Successful entrepreneurs
- Investors: Partners at VC firms; experienced Angel Investors
- Partners at Law Firms
- Senior Executives from established enterprises with domain experience
- University experts
If you have any questions about judging or the Judge Profile, the Judging Portal or the judging process please contact us at email@example.com