BOSTON, MA – Impulse Morocco Accelerator Program, an international startup competition that identifies and accelerates the top agriculture tech, mining tech, biotech, and material science and nanotechnology startups in the world, announced today the 16 startups that will participate in an intensive, 12 week long program in Morocco with study trips to the U.S.A. and Switzerland.
During the boot camp, the 16 startups from 9 countries spreading across 3 continents will have the opportunity to work directly with OCP while competing for $250k worth of equity free prizes.
The program is a collaboration between MassChallenge, OCP Group, OCP Africa & University of Mohammed VI Polytech University to catalyze and support an African regional startup community in Morocco.
Below is the complete list of startups selected to participate in the Impulse acceleration program:
1. AGROOP: AGROOP is developing technological solutions for crop monitoring, resources management, risk prevention and optimization of agricultural production.
2. ColdHubs: ColdHubs is manufacturing 100% solar-powered cold-rooms, allowing merchants and farmers to store perishable goods 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. DataFarm: DataFarm is collecting geolocated farm’s agronomic data to identify limiting agronomic factors and reduce the gap between the potential yield and the actual yield.
4. eProd Solutions: eProd Solutions is providing farmers with technology solutions allowing them to estimate the nutritional components and the contaminants of seeds.
5. Esoko: Esoko is providing a technology platform that connects rural Africans to innovative financial services, markets and information services.
6. Farmcrowdy: Farmcrowdy is providing farmers with smart farming techniques, good quality seeds, and access to the right market to earn a good profit margin.
7. FoodLocker: FoodLocker is aggregating the outputs of smallholder farmers and sells them to large buyers including hotels and restaurants.
8. Hydro Barley: Hydro Barley is producing green, fresh, nutritious and low-cost fodder for farmers.
9. LONO: LONO is a bioprocess engineering company, providing solutions for smallholder farmers and agro-industries to valorize their waste.
10. Moldiag: Moldiag is developing and producing innovative and cost-effective diagnostic tests for the detection and the quantification of several markers for human, animal and plant diseases.
11. Safi Organics: Safi Organics is using a combination of technologies and trade secrets developed by MIT to decentralize fertilizers production.
12. SATGRIE: SATGRIE is providing an IOT system based on sensors that analyzes the soil to collect information on the nutritional requirements of the soil according to the type of plant grown.
13. SAYeTECH: SAYeTECH is designing agricultural machinery that are climate-smart and adapted to African farmers.
14. Social Lender: Social Lender is a lending solution that helps financial institutions offer microcredit to underbanked populations based on their social reputation via digital platforms.
15. Strayos: Strayos is a 3D aerial intelligence platform designed for mining, construction and infrastructure operations.
16. TROTRO Tractor: TROTRO Tractor is an agricultural technology company that connects small farmers with tractors and other agricultural machinery services via a digital platform.
Impulse aims to sustain OCP group’s ambitious innovation agenda. The program is designed with MassChallenge, a global accelerator organization, with a unique non-profit, zero equity and impact focused model. Impulse will be scouting talented entrepreneurs in the fields of Agritech, Biotech, Nanotech and material sciences, and Mining tech, and will be accompanying them with a sharp and bold value proposition.
About Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is a hub of education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship, aspiring to become a solid bridge of knowledge between Morocco, Africa and the world. Located in the “Mohammed VI Green City” in Benguerir, near Marrakech, UM6P applies a “learning by doing” approach and develops sound partnerships with world-wide class universities, to promote leadership and training in focused research areas.
By contributing to the training of a new generation of researchers, entrepreneurs and leaders, UM6P is committed to positioning Morocco and Africa at the forefront of technology and human Sciences.
About OCP Group
OCP Group contributes to feeding a growing global population by providing essential elements for soil fertility and plant growth. With nearly a century of expertise and a turnover of $ 5.95 billion in 2018, OCP Group is the world leader in the phosphate market and the world’s largest producer of phosphate fertilizers. It offers a wide range of adapted fertilizer products. Thanks to its large-scale integrated industrial development strategy, OCP is present throughout the phosphate value chain and operates in all its businesses offering its 21,000 employees an excellent development path. Based in Morocco, OCP Group works in close partnership with more than 160 clients on 5 continents. Committed to better serve Africa’s development, OCP puts innovation at the heart of its strategy, particularly, in the establishment of sustainable and prosperous agriculture on the continent.
About Bridge to MassChallenge
Bridge to MassChallenge strengthens innovation ecosystems and drives the creation of high quality jobs by supporting entrepreneurs and connecting them to MassChallenge’s global network. The program collaborates with local entities to understand the potential and strategic value of their unique ecosystem, empowers them to build their innovation communities, and connects them to global markets.
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators. Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland and Texas, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. To date, more than 2,300 MassChallenge alumni have raised more than $5 billion in funding, generated more than $2.7 billion in revenue and created more than 136,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org.