3 New Specific Tracks Have Been Designed For Startups
MassChallenge in Numbers
Since 2016, MassChallenge Switzerland has been a leader in helping startups across the world grow their businesses.
- 492 alumni accelerated
- Over $600M funds raised
- More than 16K jobs created
- 107 early-stage startups accelerated in 2021
- Over 400 active mentors work with us to help startups grow
We take no equity or fees from the startups and connect them to our corporate partners and broad group of expert mentors.
In 2022 we seek high potential startups from all over the world, to apply to our early-stage accelerator. It will run from July to October as an online/physical event hybrid and is structured as follows:
- A core, industry-agnostic program: This is our base program and is for startups from all types of industries.
In addition, we also run 3 solution tracks for specific startups:
- Sustainable Food Solutions Track: For startups focused on sustainable food production from farm to fork (i.e. precision farming, alternative proteins, CPGs, packaging, etc.) ;
- Health Solutions Track: For startups focused on med-tech, life sciences or social-care ;
- Climate Solutions Track: For startups with solutions that can reduce emissions, plastic and wastes in any industry. We’re especially interested in startups that can help our manufacturing partners reduce their carbon footprint.
Our 2021 Winners
Take a look at our 2021 winners to see startups like you who have grown their businesses by working with investors, our mentors and our corporate partners. View here.
BENEFITS FOR STARTUPS
Startups who’ve taken part in MassChallenge have raised over $6.2Bn of funds and created 157,000 jobs. Below is a list of the benefits you can expect, and some testimonials from startups, who’ve been in your shoes – applied, and then gone through acceleration in Switzerland.
Unique relationship with corporations
We facilitate startup connections to Nestlé, Bühler, Givaudan, DSM, Louis Dreyfus Company, Südzucker, General Mills, Bystronic, SMC, Georg Fischer and more. We know what our partners are looking for and advise startups on how to work with corporations, so that engagement is simple and effective. Startups have created joint-ventures with, been funded by, or become suppliers to our corporate partners. On top of this, we also connect startups to our other partners across the world.
See here how startups get involved with our partners.
World class mentoring from 400+ experts
On average each startup has 3 mentors. Mentors come from many disciplines and have strong expertise. Many are entrepreneurs who have created (& exited) a startup. Our Entrepreneurs-In-Residence are role models, and have deep experience in raising funds, bringing a startup to market, scaling and then exiting. Again, our global network of mentors is open for startups to benefit from.
Up to CHF 1 million in cash prizes
The money is decided by an independent jury of experts. These cash-prizes are non-dilutive and it is truly “no strings” attached. On top we also give away CHF 100,000 of in-kind prizes involving legal services, accountancy, banking and IP strategy consulting.
Tailored program curriculum
We have a world class curriculum with 50+ hours of lectures and workshops delivered by founders, experts and VCs. We survey startups to ensure activities are highly relevant, bringing connections and adding value to our startups.
Connections to Investors
We have a deep and broad network of investors – VC, CVCs, Angels, and Family Offices. We run “meet the investor” events throughout the curriculum, and a formal Investors Day where we match startups and investors.
Free office space
Startups are welcome to stay in our office for the year. They can also use our maker space free of charge.
More than 65% of Finalists raise funds during or immediately after the program.
Feedback to every startup that applies
Experts give qualitative and quantitative feedback on every startup that applies, to help entrepreneurs evolve their projects.
Our Alumni Tell Us More About Their Experience
We are looking for high potential start-ups that are:
Early stage: startups will have, approximately, no more than $1M of capital raised, or $2M of Sales.
Climate responsible: startups solutions must be climate responsible so that they do not harm the environment.
Impactful: startups must add value to society. Startups can define this impact: CO2 removed from the atmosphere; lives saved; sales and profitability.
Viable: ideas need to be executed. We ask our judges to assess the quality of the team, their advisors and their plans to make things happen.
TIMELINE AND KEY DATES
- January 19, 2022: Applications open
- February 2, 2022: Application Tips Webinar #1
- February 16, 2022: Application Tips Webinar #2
- February 28, 2022: Applications close at 23:59 CET
- April 6, 2022: Round 1 Judging results
- May 2-6, 2022: Round 2 Judging
- May 20, 2022: Finalists Announcement
- July 6, 2022: Switzerland Accelerator and Sustainable Food Solutions, Health Solutions and Climate Solutions Tracks begins
- October 27, 2022: Final Awards & closing ceremony
Apply here and make sure to select the program of your choice:
- Choose the Switzerland Accelerator: This is our base program and is for startups from all types of industries.
- Choose the Sustainable Food Solutions Track – if you are focused on on sustainable food production from farm to fork (i.e. precision farming, alternative proteins, CPGs, packaging, etc.);
- Choose the Health Solutions Track – if you are focused on med-tech, life sciences or social-care;
- Choose the Climate Solutions Track – if you have solutions that can reduce emissions, plastic and wastes in any industry. We’re especially interested in startups that can help our manufacturing partners reduce their carbon footprint.
Back to Swizerland Homepage