A key point he made is that you need to understand the perspective of the investor when creating your pitch. By way of example, he shared his personal evaluation criteria. According to Christopher, an effective pitch will answer these key concerns within ten succinct minutes:
- An exceptional entrepreneur or team who has experience and drive.
- Large enough and interesting enough market opportunities.
- A smart, differentiated, and defensible product/service that will stand out initially in its market and be able to protect its margins over time.
- Potential (how big is the possible return?)
- Probability (whats the chance of success/exit?)
- Period (whats the timeframe to exit/profitability?)