Headquartered in Boston, John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group. In all that we do, we obsess about our customers and strive to make their decisions easier and lives better, especially during these challenging times.
John Hancock serves over 10 million customers with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, investments, 401(k) plans, advice and education savings plans. Building on our 158-year history and a deep expertise in protection, wealth and asset management, we continue to develop solutions that meet and anticipate the needs of our customers.
Our notable product innovations include John Hancock Vitality, a technology-enabled wellness program that rewards life insurance customers for the everyday steps they take to live longer, healthier lives. In October 2019, John Hancock embarked on the next step of that journey with the launch of Aspire with Vitality, the only life insurance designed for Americans living with diabetes, in collaboration with Verily, an Alphabet company. We are grateful to be working with leading innovators to bring cutting-edge solutions to our customers, all the while driving the industry forward in this digital world.
In addition, we continue to expand our presence in the direct to consumer space with digital offerings that span insurance and wealth.
WHY WE’VE PARTNERED WITH MASSCHALLENGE FINTECH
We are proud to be a founding partner of MassChallenge FinTech and are looking forward to building on the learnings and successes of MCFT20 in this year’s program.
John Hancock worked with 10 fintech startups in the MCFT2020 cohort, and these engagements proved to be an invaluable source of innovative ideas, energy and collaborative spirit. We completed several proofs of concept, entered into a paid pilot, launched a product in the market and provided advisory support for startups. Partnerships like these help fuel industry transformation, and we are thrilled to be at the forefront!
This year, we are expanding our areas of interest for partnering with startups and look forward to working with innovators who think big and match our passion for doing the right thing for our customers.
- Financial wellness solutions across insurance, savings and wealth, including solutions for the underserved consumers. For this theme, we are particularly excited to issue a joint challenge with Commonwealth centered around driving financial security, diversity, equity and inclusion by improving accessibility of insurance and wealth solutions for the underserved consumers. Commonwealth is a national non-profit innovator improving financial security and opportunity for all.
- Innovations aimed at expediting insurance underwriting processes by leveraging electronic health records (EHR) and insights for modeling.
- Optimization and digitization of back office processes for greater operational efficiencies.
- Consumer engagement tools and solutions aimed at helping our long-term care customers live a healthy, independent and fulfilling life.
- Alternative data and information sources for investment research.
HOW WE’LL HELP STARTUPS GROW THEIR BUSINESSES:
We have experience incubating digital-first solutions and a track record of partnering with startups to develop new solutions and to digitize existing businesses. Our team has invested in fintech startups and continues to scout for promising companies and technologies that could present future strategic partnership opportunities.
We are excited by the developments in the fintech space and look to startups for breakthrough ideas and a fresh perspective on how to meet industry challenges and consumers’ ever-evolving needs. Partnering with John Hancock offers access to business and technology leaders in protection, wealth and asset management, and a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact on millions of customers.
As a 158-year-old company, John Hancock is excited to partner with MassChallenge FinTech and startups to develop innovative solutions that solve real problems for customers and the industry. We need your help in driving industry-wide transformation and building the next generation of products for our consumers. Let’s get it done together!