CORK, IRELAND Bridge to MassChallenge Cork, an international startup competition with the Cork County Council that identifies and accelerates the top healthcare and life sciences startups in the Republic of Ireland, announced the 12 startups that will participate in an intensive, week-long boot camp at MassChallenges headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts in April 2018.
The announcement was made during the Bridge to MassChallenge Cork boot camp, which brought together 20 startups from the Republic of Ireland, top local and international experts from MassChallenges network, and local leaders for a week of in-depth trainings, networking opportunities, and one-on-one mentoring sessions. The boot camp culminated in a pitch competition which helped decided which startups will join the Boston boot camp.
Below is the complete list of startups selected to participate in the Boston boot camp:
- Alcass Health Solutions: A provider of innovative devices and software in the area of Preventative and Rehabilitative Medicine.
- BioBind: Provide a disruptive, low-cost, customizable technology that empowers biology researchers to see what they need to see inside & outside the body.
- CroiValve: A transcatheter device which will improve patients lives and save money by reducing hospitalizations
- CortechsConnect: High-quality mobile games that use cognitive therapies, brainwave assessments and prescriptive digital solutions (games) to improve attention.
- Gasgon Medical: Risk from air embolism is difficult and expensive to manage, Gasgon Medicals solution will disrupt by improving on tools that are currently available.
- Hidramed Solutions Ltd.: Proof Of Concept for a wound care system for people living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) and other chronic wounds which makes the users wound care regime easier, quicker and less painful.
- Marion Surgical: Through VR and world class haptic/sensory technology, Marion Surgical simulators enable surgeons to learn, collaborate, practice and share procedures in a realistic, safe, cloud hosted environment.
- Medrec.io: Facilitates the free flow of data in a secure way across participating providers. It is medical data platform putting patients and workers at the heart of the health care system.
- myAccessHub: Provides intensive support to businesses across all sectors to increase their accessibility particularly for people with Autism.
- Nasal Medical: Develops anatomically designed nasal medical devices to assist better breathing.
- Remedy Biologics Ltd.: Remedy Biologic’s founders believe in tailoring treatment for every patient with directly addressing the challenges of personalised, cell-based, autologous anti-tumour therapy through technology innovation and cell manufacturing automation in colon cancer. .
- ViClarity: A Governance, Risk, Compliance solution that enables Financial Services and Healthcare organizations to Identify, Monitor, Score and Report on risk and compliance.
Startups participating in the Boston boot camp will receive tailored training and workshops, additional mentoring opportunities, unique access to the citys business ecosystem. At the end of the Boston boot camp, startups will pitch for the opportunity to participate in Round 2 judging for a 2018 MassChallenge accelerator program.
About Bridge to MassChallenge
Bridge to MassChallenge strengthens innovation ecosystems and drives the creation of high quality jobs by supporting entrepreneurs and connecting them to MassChallenges global network. The program collaborates with local entities to understand the potential and strategic value of their unique ecosystem, empowers them to build their innovation communities, and connects them to global markets.
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators. Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential early stage startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. To date, 1,495 MassChallenge alumni have raised over $3 billion in funding, generated over $2 billion in revenue, and created over 80,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org.