JERUSALEM – MassChallenge, a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators, and Mayor Nir Barkat tonight announced the top 10 startups of the 2018 MassChallenge Israel accelerator at the MassChallenge Israel Finale hosted at Beit Shmuel in Jerusalem. The top 10 will now take part in the MassChallenge Israel US Trek, a curated business trip and introduction to the innovation ecosystems in Boston and New York scheduled for November 4 – 9, 2018. During the Trek, the top startups will also compete for an additional 500,000 NIS in zero-equity cash prizes.
“When I visited MassChallenge in Boston a few years ago, I knew we had to bring this incredible initiative to Jerusalem,” said Mayor Nir Barkat. “As a center of innovation and inspiration for thousands of years, Jerusalem is the perfect home for this accelerator. During my time as Mayor, we have focused on making Jerusalem a hub for outstanding culture, unparalleled academic accomplishment, and groundbreaking innovation. Today, Jerusalem’s startup ecosystem is thriving; in just a few short years, we have gone from 200 startups to over 600 in our eternal capital. There is no doubt that global players like MassChallenge are an important part of this transformation. I’m thrilled to celebrate the growth of new jobs, products, and discoveries today with the Finalists of the MassChallenge program.”
“MassChallenge’s activity in Jerusalem strengthens the connection between the city’s entrepreneurial community and the global arena,” said Sarit Goldstein of the Ministry of Jerusalem and Heritage. “The program significantly increases the opportunity for success for participants and positions Jerusalem as a leading technological entrepreneurship city. The strengthening of the tech ecosystems and the positioning of Jerusalem in the international arena are part of a broad strategy that the Ministry is leading in the framework of the implementation of government programs for the strengthening and development of Jerusalem. The aim of this project is to increase the knowledge-intensive industry, which are growing and developing in the city.”
“In recent years, Jerusalem and MassChallenge have been home not only to leading Israeli enterprises, but also of a growing number of projects from around the world,” said Eyal Haimovsky, Director General of the Jerusalem Development Authority. “Along with other activities being carried out by the Jerusalem and Heritage Office, the Jerusalem Municipality and the Jerusalem Development Authority, we are turning Jerusalem into a leading international technological city. ”
“The MassChallenge Israel Finale celebrated the entrepreneurs who have the audacity to imagine a better world and who use their imagination to impact our community for the better,” said Yonit Golub Serkin, Managing Director of MassChallenge Israel. “Our companies are building bridges between the global innovation ecosystem and Jerusalem, and by extending and deepening the connection with the US market through the Trek, MassChallenge is presenting strategic global opportunities to outstanding companies.”
The prize winners were announced at the third annual MassChallenge Israel Finale, which brought together over 300 leaders of the international entrepreneurial community and celebrated MassChallenge Israel 55 startups. The event was the capstone on another record-breaking year in Israel. MassChallenge Israel received more than 520 applications from 40 countries and accelerated 55 startups. 18 companies selected to be part of the accelerator hailed from outside of Israel, and countries included India, Poland, Kenya, Ukraine, and the US, and the UK Over the past three months, the 2018 cohort has worked with more than 200 mentors and industry experts, participated in a variety of workshops, showcased in front of more than 1,000 participants in industry events and connected with corporate partners and investors to refine and grow their businesses.
2018 MassChallenge Israel Top 10
- AirDoctor: Have you ever been sick while traveling? Air Doctor connects between local doctors and travelers needing medical assistance.
- Flatspace: A one-click AI solution that automatically converts 2-D (raster) floor plans straight to 3-D and VR immersive experiences.
- Genetika+: Genetika+ uses innovative personalized medicine tools to help depression sufferers find their best treatment, faster and more accurately.
- MonitHer: Creators of the first at home, hand held monitoring device, empowering the earliest detection of breast cancer possible.
- MyPart: MyPart is a game-changing A.I. backed platform for ArtSourcing, crowd sourcing of music & digital art.
- Qubeicon/Qpower: Deliver renewable energy miniature chip. Replacing batteries by aggregating Light/Vibration/Heat energy for wearable & health care.
- RouteValet: $111B invested in mobility yet traffic is worsening. RouteValet integrate user context, car, ridehail & public transit to solve the problem.
- Solutum: Environmentally friendly bags similar to plastic bags, dissolves in water, will replace bags in many industries starting with trash bags.
- ThinkZone: Developing women entrepreneurs who deliver quality education to children at the BoP through a technology-enabled school-in-a-box solution.
- ZirohLabs: Now you can trust any untrusted, third party cloud without compromising usability, privacy and business confidentiality
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators. Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. To date, more than 1,500 MassChallenge alumni have raised more than $3 billion in funding, generated over $2 billion in revenue, and created over 80,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org.
MassChallenge Israel Partners
The Jerusalem Development Authority, the Ministry of Jerusalem, Bank HaPoalim, the Kraft Group, CJP, IAI Elta, Peres Center for Peace and Innovation, PTC, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Altshuler-Shaham, Alynnovation, Bio-House, The Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte, Deshpande Foundation, Ecomotion, Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co, Goodwin Procter, Menora Mivtachim, Nasscom, Pearl Cohen, Reinhold Cohn Group, Sagent Management, Yigal Arnon & Co., Mindspace, New Spirit, and Vayomar.