255 startups join global network
Boston – MassChallenge, the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet, today announced that 255 of the worlds highest impact, highest-potential early-stage startups will participate in its 2017 accelerators in Boston, Israel, and Switzerland.
Over the past seven years, MassChallenge has graduated more than 1,200 entrepreneurs from our intensive accelerator, enabling them to create enormous impact around the world, said John Harthorne, Founder and CEO of MassChallenge. We are proud to welcome such a high-potential class of startups to MassChallenge, and are excited to help them define their future and maximize their impact.
The 2017 classes in Boston, Israel and Switzerland were selected from more than 2,100 applications. Selected startups come from 21 countries, and work across a range of industries, including high tech, healthcare, and social impact.
The 255 startups will participate in MassChallenges four-month accelerator program where they receive world-class mentoring from industry experts, tailored programming, free co-working space, and unrivalled access to corporate partners. MassChallenge takes no equity from its startups, and through an annual multimillion dollar competition, it gives cash awards to the top startups in each program.
Participating startups join MassChallenges established international community. Through accelerator programs in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, and its Bridge to MassChallenge program, MassChallenge has supported 1,211 alumni from 81 countries. To empower more of the worlds high-impact entrepreneurs, MassChallenge is committed to expanding to 12 locations by 2020.
The complete list of 2017 startups
MassChallenge Boston 2017 Finalists
- Akanocure Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Indiana)
- Alleviant Medical (Texas) – Developing next-generation devices to lift the burden of heart failure.
- AreteX Systems (New Jersey) – Decreases intensive care unit (ICU) morbidity and mortality by automating critical care.
- Astarte Medical Partners (New Jersey) – Developing NICUtrition, a microbial health informatics platform to measure and monitor the gut health of preterm infants.
- Beacon (Maryland)
- CareAline Products, LLC (Massachusetts)
- Cellino (Massachusetts)
- Day Zero Diagnostics, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- DentalTOR (Massachusetts) – Dental device uses diagnostic imaging and deep learning to ease dental treatment while collecting and analyzing big data.
- GEMS Boxes (Massachusetts) – Makes tech-enabled stations that provide high-reliability access to life-saving medications and supplies when every second counts.
- General Biotechnologies (Massachusetts) – Biological innovation enhances the efficacy and lowers the side effects of chemo and immunotherapy in metastatic cancer.
- Hive (Massachusetts)
- IntuiTap Medical, Inc. (Texas)
- Jane Diagnostics, Inc. (Massachusetts) – Offers an innovative low-cost, accurate, rapid, and easy-to-use HPV diagnostic chip for early detection of cervical cancer.
- Wellness (Massachusetts) – Developed FLEXFIT, an innovative wellness solution developed by teens, clinically proven, and proudly assembled by individuals with disabilities.
- Legionarius (Massachusetts)
- MakerHealth (Massachusetts)
- NerveSolutions, Inc. (Texas) – Develops devices to prevent development of neuroma – a source of debilitating pain – after amputation or nerve injury.
- NeuroLex Laboratories (Georgia)
- Nonspec (Massachusetts) – Provides low-cost, durable, and hyper adjustable prosthetic devices to developing nations.
- NU-RISE (Portugal) – Innovating interstitial brachytherapy by providing the first in-vivo and real-time dosimeter.
- Nutrimedy, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- Octagon Therapeutics (Massachusetts)
- PainQx (New York) – Diagnostic and software company that has developed processes to objectively measure pain in humans.
- Pykus Therapeutics, Inc. (Massachusetts) – Developing a dissolvable intraocular device to make retinal surgery less painful and more successful.
- Reia (Massachusetts)
- Resilience Project (North Carolina) – Provides mental, emotional, and financial support to patients by creating and selling patient inspired socks.
- Reveal Pharma (Massachusetts)
- ReviveMed (Massachusetts) – A precision-medicine platform by translating metabolomic data.
- RistCall LLC (Pennsylvania)
- Structured Immunity (Indiana)
- SuraMedical (Massachusetts) – Developing a wearable device that will improve the care of patients suffering from chronic leg wounds in the setting of leg edema.
- TailorMed (Israel) – Innovative financial management platform for chronically ill patients.
- Torigen, Inc. (Connecticut)
- UrSure Inc. (Massachusetts)
- Veripad (New York) – Created an affordable and portable solution that allows for rapid screening of medication quality.
- Versatope Therapeutics Incorporated (Massachusetts)
- Z Imaging (Massachusetts) – Developing an augmented reality system to help surgeons operate safer and faster.
- Acenna Data (Massachusetts) – Helps companies selling products to scientists have more productive sales teams.
- Adhark, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- AirZaar Inc. (Missouri) – Cloud-based enterprise software providing image processing and data analytics to mining and construction companies.
- Athletes of Valor (Massachusetts) – Helping servicemen and women transition into collegiate sports and later into career by providing an online platform, resources & community.
- BackTracker Inc. (Massachusetts) – Verifies seafood claims, adds value to seafood products, and helps prevent seafood fraud.
- Cadence (New York) – Simplifies event management allowing you to focus on what really matters: delivering engaging, impactful, memorable events.
- CloudBoost (India) – One complete server-less platform for next web.
- CompuCog (Massachusetts)
- CozyKin (Massachusetts) – Sharing economy for childcare that matches local families with Montessori-trained nannies.
- DropZone For Veterans (Massachusetts)
- Endorse.gg (Massachusetts)
- Etiquette (Mexico) – A standardized designer wedding dress rental and sale platform that connects brides in a sharing economy with a unique experience.
- Finnest (Rhode Island) – Mobile app and account for youth that teaches financial responsibility through early relevant money experience.
- Frank (Massachusetts)
- Ghamut (Massachusetts)
- Giaran (Massachusetts) – Simple, instant and affordable software and hardware to virtually sample makeup in real-time in person, online or on-the-go.
- KinTrans Inc. (Texas)
- Latch Mobile (Massachusetts)
- Mycroft AI (Missouri) – Creating an open source artificial intelligence that runs anywhere and interacts like a person.
- MyKidzDay LLC (Massachusetts) An app to help daycares communicate with parents, attract families, boosts profits, meet regulations and reduce cost.
- nDash.co (Massachusetts) – A content creation platform where brands receive unique content ideas from the world’s top freelance writers.
- Nvstr (New York) – Makes data-driven investing social and enjoyable.
- Oomf (Massachusetts) – Cloud-software platform that enables the sharing economy.
- Orai (Pennsylvania) Helping people improve the way they communicate using artificial intelligence.
- Perseus Mirrors (Massachusetts) – Creating the world’s smartest mirror.
- Pixm, Inc. (New York) – Building an AI technology that uses visual recognition to detect zero-day phishing attacks that current tools fail to detect.
- Power Assist Solutions (Massachusetts) – Dedicated to reducing fatigue and injury in hospital caregivers by improving patient transportation in hospitals.
- Relativity6 (Massachusetts) – Uncovering hidden opportunities within company databases to predict which high-potential lapsed customers have a propensity to make a re-purchase.
- Scansorial (Massachusetts)
- The Green Line (Massachusetts) – Online marketplace for sustainable shopping.
- The Puffin (Massachusetts)
- Token Labs (Rhode Island)
- Voatz (Massachusetts)
- Vox Pop Labs (Canada) – Uses advancements in artificial intelligence to create online spaces which foster civic engagement and democratic citizenship.
- W8X (Massachusetts) – Developing a smart and compact weight lifting system that empowers physical therapists to help their clients recover faster.
- WavePost (Massachusetts) – A powerful video collaboration and review tool.
- Waypoint (Massachusetts)
- Adeo Health Science (Massachusetts)
- ADIFF (New York) – Humanitarian design startup that creates innovative, transformable clothing to assist refugees.
- BusBot (New York) – Helps intercity bus companies set smarter prices and schedules.
- Cancer Wellness TV (Massachusetts) – Free online video platform featuring cancer integrative therapies such as yoga, tai chi, meditation, nutrition, survivorship support and more.
- Conweigh (Australia) – The all in one container weighing solution that provides software and hardware solutions for instant legislation compliance.
- Guardion (Massachusetts)
- Inflight VR (Germany)
- InvisaWear (New Hampshire) – Creates smart jewelry that allow users to instantly contact friends, family and/or police in the event of an emergency.
- John’s Crazy Socks (New York) – Spreading happiness through socks.
- Krol (Massachusetts) – High-end women’s fashion brand that utilizes fashion as a catalyst for change and impact.
- Kulisha (Texas) – Works with food and beverage companies to convert organic waste into a sustainable, insect protein for animal feeds.
- Minus the Moo (Massachusetts)
- Mundo Lanuga / Lanugo Inc. (Florida)
- MUVIN Enterprise (New Jersey)
- OnRout (New York)
- Props Athletics (Canada) – Creating unique lines of unisex fitness accessories that are all about fitness, fashion and function.
- Skelmet (Massachusetts) – Revolutionizing the wearables industry with 3D-fit technology that automatically measures, designs, and produces bespoke products.
- Sleepbox (Massachusetts) – Provides modular, private and soundproof pods for public spaces for rest, nap, meditation focus or breastfeeding.
- TeleLingo (New York) – Machine Vision-powered AI CoPilot to prevent distracted and drowsy driving for fleet managers, insurers and ride sharing companies.
- The Toothpick Project (Montana) – Uses biocontrol technology to kill Striga, a parasitic weed depleting crops on 40 million African smallholder farms.
- Tot-em (Spain) – Turning soundwaves into a unique 3D figure.
- Treasure Socks (Massachusetts)
- Tr?badour (Oklahoma) – Discovery portal for vibrant, contemporary poems that blends community and curation to boost reads.
- Vence Corp. (California) – Hardware and software solution for livestock farmers that increases revenues, eliminates fencing costs, and reduces labor expenses.
- Wunder (Massachusetts) – Empowers women to lead active lives through a sustainable and reliable solution to incontinence.
- Alkemy Environmental (Massachusetts) – Recycles industrial waste into concrete aggregate.
- Amelior Technologies (Massachusetts) – The LAD is a device that dispenses larvicide to be placed in water containers common in South America to combat mosquito borne illnesses.
- Charity Defense Council (Massachusetts) – Corrects misconceptions about charity and changes the way people think about changing the world.
- Cocoa Cares (Ghana)
- Girls Health Champions (Massachusetts)
- MathodiX (Israel) – An assessment platform that evaluates student skills and understanding of math.
- Miracle Messages (California) – Rebuilds social support systems for the homeless.
- nesterly (Massachusetts)
- OCC Youth Unleashed (Massachusetts) – Self-sustaining non-profit created to increase youth engagement and strengthen community centers place in the city.
- Operation Code (Oregon) – Helping the military community learn software development, enter the tech industry, and code the future.
- OZ/span> (Guinea) – A business insights platform for Africas 70 million small-and-growing businesses.
- PetsEmpower.org (Rhode Island) – Helps domestic abuse survivors escape violent situations with their pets.
- Project Lever (Massachusetts) – Matches students to advisors and other helpful resources to create projects of their dreams.
- Roots Studio (Massachusetts) – Digitizes art from rural villages and creates galleries for office spaces.
- ScholarJet (Massachusetts) – Platform that revolutionizes the scholarship process. Instead of writing essays, students will perform enriching challenges
- Skillist (Massachusetts)
- Spark Technologies (Massachusetts) – Playground structures that convert children’s mechanical energy into electricity, creating an interactive and fun learning experience.
- State of Place (Massachusetts)
- WorkAround (Massachusetts) – Online platform that connects refugees with companies to deliver online micro tasks.
- Y2Y (Massachusetts) – Interrupting a generation of chronic homelessness by providing sanctuary from the streets and supportive pathways out of homelessness.
- CLEVOT (Mexico) – Technology that simplifies dry cleaning and sanitization in the industry to maximize its resources and reduce its impact on the environment.
- Epic CleanTec (Massachusetts) – Decentralizes wastewater treatment.
- Lithio Storage (Massachusetts) – Develops flexible, self-healing, longer lasting batteries containing our patented gel electrolyte for use in wearable devices.
- OffGridBox (Massachusetts) – Modular and compact unit that provides renewable energy and treated water in remote areas.
- Peroxygen Systems Inc. (Tennessee) – Produces hydrogen peroxide on-site at half the cost of conventional methods.
- Proper Pipe (Massachusetts)
- Skyven Technologies (Texas) – A distributed energy solution for process heat, saving customers money by using the sun as an on-site heat source.
- Upstream Tech (Massachusetts)
MassChallenge Israel 2017 Finalists
- 6Degrees (New York)
- Bio-immunate (Jerusalem)
- Dynamic Orthotics (Jerusalem)
- Elizabot (Tel Aviv)
- Extreme Simulations (Tel Aviv) Providing readily accessible, high-fidelity innovative simulations tools used for emergency incident training.
- FlexAble Orthopedics (Jerusalem)
- Libra@Home (Jerusalem) Neuro-rehabilitation that uses virtual reality and wearables.
- Nano Textile Ltd. (Central) A disruptive technology in the field of anti-bacterial textile coating.
- Nanosynex (Tel Aviv)
- ORCHID GREEN LTD. (Tel Aviv) Developing AAPE1, an antioxidant which AAPE1 is chemically stable, water soluble, and inhibits wrinkle formation.
- ReachMore (Tel Aviv) Expanding the reach of authorities following traumatic events in order to provide additional care and resources to impacted individuals.
- SensoGenic (Central) A device that can sense food ingredients without any physical contact, and report back to the user’s smartphone of the allergens detected.
- Shamaym (Tel Aviv) Implementing aviation-based techniques to drastically decrease number of unnecessary deaths in hospitals.
- Tattouri Pressure Injury Surveillance, Ltd. (Jerusalem) Enabling quick and accurate non-invasive screening and staging of subcutaneous pressure injuries, without the use of radiation.
- Aero-plan (Tel Aviv) A marketplace for travel assistance and medical services, connecting insurance/assistance companies with service providers.
- AuCoDe (Massachusetts) Automatically detecting controversy and crisis situations, helping quant trading firms to beat their competition to the best trades.
- c2a sec (Jerusalem) – A patent-pending method for implementing a firewall type functionality in the car.
- CAPITAL MARS (Jerusalem)
- Capricia Productions LTD (Jerusalem) – A game-development company specializing in creating video games tailored to interact with musical albums, compositions and other audible art.
- Clidrotech (Central)
- EarlyBirds (Tel Aviv) Helping teams to communicate better by creating a summary of what happened when they were offline.
- FarmZee (Jerusalem)
- Gabriel (Central)
- Inka Robotics (Haifa) An autonomous robot that gives tattoos both performing designs the human hand cannot, and reproducing tattoos so famous artists can have their designs tattoos all over the world.
- ITsMine (Tel Aviv)
- NanoRun (Tel Aviv) A novel suspension trainer used for aerobic workouts that is also wirelessly connected to generate an addictive experience via digital immersion.
- OtheReality (Jerusalem) Using VR clips, high-school students are able to experience the world through the eyes of others in society (ex. males as females, etc.)
- Preksh Innovations (India)
- Traxx (Central) Connecting your motorcycle to the internet.
- TriEye (Jerusalem)
- VALERANN (Central)
- Vicarius (Jerusalem) A product offering an automatic exposure of any known software breach, alongside the ability to discover and group the code-level application features.
- Virtuality New Space (Jerusalem) A new shopping experience on VR that allows customers to interact naturally with products using only their hands.
- WAZZA (Jerusalem)
- better juice (Southern)
- Gooster (Tel Aviv) – The A.I powered travel buddy, giving travelers on-the-go travel tips, personalized recommendations and real-time support.
- Quali.Fit (Tel Aviv) – An automatic headhunter, it finds the ideal candidates for each job offer, easily.
- RePark Social Parking (Central) – Renting private parking spaces by the hour at any hour. It increases parking availability by 30%, while reducing pollution, and traffic jams.
- SunZee (Tel Aviv) – Making sunscreen available on the go.
- UMo – Urban Mobility (Israel)
- Yarok Technology Transfer (Jerusalem) Fast microbiological testing system for the fresh food industry to protect consumers and safeguard producer interests.
- CauseMatch (Jerusalem) An algorithm-based planning platform for annual fundraising and a suite of high-impact fundraising tools to execute that plan.
- Ecotech Recycling (Palestine) Exploiting electronic waste as a source of precious and rare metals for environmental and economic development.
- Kheyti (India) Ending poverty for 1 million small farmers through a “Greenhouse-in-a-Box”, an affordable, modular greenhouse bundled end-to-end services.
- Novotalk (Central) Novotalk providing an on-demand, self-directed tele-therapy, and a real-life integration training platform for people who stutter.
- RenewSenses (Jerusalem)
- Sukriti Social Foundation (India) Changing the present sanitary conditions of the country with an aim of impacting the lives of millions.
- Talklet (Jerusalem) – A tool to track and monitor parent-child speech, and offer quantity and quality metrics and feedback to parents and speech therapists.
- Catalytic Innovations (Rhode Island)
- SolarChange (Tel Aviv) Using blockchain technology to reliably create, maintain, trade energy and renewable data, incentivizing the energy supply chain.
- Vostok (Spain) – Electric mobility solutions that help make affordable, easy and clean mobility the norm.
- WaterComms (Jerusalem)
MassChallenge Switzerland 2017 Finalists
- 4Quant Ltd. (Zurich)
- Colorimetrix (Germany)
- SmartSensors (Geneva) – A novel technology to monitor dwellings and protect people against radon.
- Dicronis (Zurich)
- GliaPharm (Geneva)
- Haya Therapeutics (Waadt)
- HeartShield (Austria) Providing early warning for heart disease risk on smartphones, powered by AI.
- IbtiCare (Switzerland)
- Ingredio (Greece)
- Komed Health (Zurich) – “Slack” for hospital communication.
- Lumigbo (Waadt)
- Lymphatica (Waadt) Developing a micropump-based medical device for treatment of lymphedema, a chronic, disabling side effect of anti-cancer therapies.
- Mixfit Inc. (Massachusetts)
- MobioSense (Taiwan) – HERO prevents future heart attacks with the latest fourth-gen Troponin, providing instant & affordable disease monitoring, anywhere, anytime.
- Nextep (Waadt)
- Sleepiz (Bern)
- Sm-Heart (Canada)
- Alogo Analysis SA (Waadt) Dedicated to analyzing equestrian sports and providing innovative statistics.
- Ayata Intelligence (P) Ltd. (India) Making AI products and services that create a positive impact.
- BASE PORTFOLIO INC. (Canada) – A platform for insurance policy purchases and management that uses a profile-based portfolio management to create a 360 degree buying experience.
- Bubo Technologies (Geneva) Books with synchronized music.
- ChemAlive SA (Waadt) An online quantum chemistry Open SaaS interface made ultrafast by machine learning, automation, and cloud computing.
- eBankingPayment (Geneva)
- Food Blockchain XYZ (Waadt) Assuring quality, safety, and origin of food through sensor systems powered by the blockchain and smart contracts.
- Glickon (Italy) – A trivia game for candidates and employees to prove their skills, and a tool for companies to reinvent the they recruit and manage talent.
- Greenastic (Waadt) The first environmental-friendly web platform to match plants specifically to customers needs, allowing them to create a pesticide-free garden.
- HARDAH (Geneva) Optimizing the personal and professional use of internet by creating the new generation of graphical user interface of the Web.
- Hope it up (Geneva) A digital platform that empowers companies and employees to help their local community with meaningful activities.
- infinight. (Geneva) A platform enabling everyone to find the best bars, clubs and events depending on their tastes.
- Jobgator (Massachusetts) A machine learning driven resume software that tailors resumes to specific jobs applied for increasing chances of receiving an interview
- Klahas (Valais)
- LYF Rescue Drone (Waadt)
- Mindool (Luxembourg) Developing the Internet of Ideas, we make group communication easy, flexible and scalable.
- Moka Studio Sl (Valais) Disruptive software that allows to create quickly and easily top quality 3D animations.
- Nextome (Italy)
- Oqtor (Waadt) – Augment human capabilities in graphic design by helping design faster, better and cheaper with the help of AI.
- RiskTalk (United Kingdom)
- Socialease (Geneva) An AI Assistant, designed for hotels and restaurants that automates communication on social medias.
- Sportskred (United Kingdom)
- Still Active (Appenzell Ausserrhoden) – Still Active is the first online concierge service tailored for people aged 55+, providing the best activities and services in their city.
- Tacit Motion Inc. (Massachusetts)
- TasteHit (France) – Data-driven user engagement tools for online shops.
- ThinkEE (Waadt) Using IoT and a software solution to simplify connection and management of all a companies devices in a unique place.
- TieTalent (Geneva) Uber for recruitment.
- TWIICE (Waadt)
- Unono (Valais)
- WeAVR (Zurich) Helping businesses and brands create their presence in VR at low cost with little effort by using standard building blocks
- WRIO Keyboard (Basel Landschaft) Enabling people to type smarter, faster, and error-free on their smartphones.
- Baabuk (Waadt) – Cool, designer footwear made out of wool.
- Direct Coffee (Zurich) Offering the first fully flexible direct trade coffee subscription which helps a coffee farmer’s child with each package.
- FIB-SOL Life Technologies Private Limited (India) – A nanofiber-based biofertilizer membrane that is 1,000 times lighter than conventional biofertilizers.
- GuestLee (Switzerland) – A Swiss property management company.
- Imverse (Geneva) – From a single 360 picture to a collaborative room-scale interactive experience, it is democratizing virtual and augmented reality creation.
- KITRO (Thurgau) A seamlessly integrated product revolutionizing food waste management.
- Komp-ACT (Waadt) A Composite Linear Electric motor which can replace the aircraft hydraulic actuators of landing gears and flight controls.
- MagicTomato.ch (Geneva)
- MoComics SA (Waadt) An online community platform connecting comics authors to their millennial audience thanks to a unique mobile reading experience.
- Nanogence (Switzerland) A patented technology that cuts carbon emission by half, and raises the durability of concrete by 30%.
- novamet sl (Waadt)
- Precision Vine (Waadt) – Improving quality and efficiency in the wine industry by using remote sensing services to create valuable information.
- Proteas (Germany)
- Securaxis (Geneva) Providing first-hand, real-time, geo-localized individualized security information for people traveling in volatile environment.
- SoulSpice (Zurich) – Transforming the world of spices: direct trading, 100% organic for the best spices in a great design.
- Social Fabric (Zurich) Promoting the use of textiles and clothing that have a small ecological and social footprint, and supporting refugee integration.
- NeedsList (Pennsylvania) A new way to help meet refugee needs by investing in grassroots responders and local economies.
- LeCycle (Waadt) – Producing top quality mushrooms from used coffee grounds and cardboard, recuperated from local restaurants and businesses.
- LEDsafari SA (Geneva) Developing hardware and software to empower youth in developing countries.
- Infrastructure Systems Managers / Dechets a l’Or (Guinea) – A tech enabled venture that collects waste in secondary West Africa cities and produces fertilizer, and fuel energy.
- dokspot GmbH (Zurich) Enabling digital product instructions by linking products with their corresponding digital content.
- MEMBRASENZ GmbH (Germany) – R&D, production and commercialization of novel membranes used in electrolysis, as a new energy carrier.
- Skypull (Ticino) An autonomous drone that produces electricity from the strong and more abundant altitude winds.
- The Energy Audit (Italy) – The Energy Data Scientist, a machine learning platform to analyze energy related data.
MassChallenge?is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across any industry. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over. To date, 1,211?MassChallenge alumni have raised over $2 billion in funding, generated approximately $900 million in revenue, and created over 65,000 total jobs. For more information, please visit masschallenge.org.?
MassChallenge Global Partners
Microsoft, Fidelity, Bler, The Boston Consulting Group, Procter & Gamble, Liberty Mutual, CASIS, Jamestown, Kauffman Foundation, The Boston Foundation, Jobs for NSW, GE, USAA, Shire, AARP, Deshpande Foundation, SENA, Vertex, Commonwealth of Australia, Biscay Regional Government, Gentera, PTC, Givaudan, Swiss Re, Nestl Victorian State Government, PepsiCo, Inartis Foundation, Swiss Economic Forum, Barry Callebaut, DELL EMC, INADEM, J.P. Morgan Chase, South Australian Government, Jerusalem Development Authority, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and IBM.