JERUSALEM MassChallenge Israel, the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet, today announced the top 10 startups from its 2017 cohort of 52 startups. These 10 startups were selected by a panel of expert judges who evaluated each startup based on their impact and potential for success. The top 10 will now move onto the final judging round, where theyll have the opportunity to win a portion of 500,000 ILS in zero-equity cash awards. The winners will be announced at the MassChallenge Israel Awards on September 12, 2017.
By making the top 10, the start-ups receive a ticket to the first MassChallenge Israel US Trek, a curated business trip and introduction to the innovation ecosystems in New York and Boston in November. Throughout the week, startups will meet with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors, giving participating startups unparalleled access to and exposure in two U.S. markets.
Im very proud of all our 2017 Finalists and their hard work over the last three months. This years cohort represents some of the most cutting-edge technologies in Israel from future mobility and VizTech to social impact and healthcare, said Israel Ganot, MassChallenge Israel Managing Director. We are happy to be a part of their remarkable stories, and I look forward to celebrating their work alongside our partners, mentors, and community at the MassChallenge Awards on September 12.
Over the past three months, the 2017 cohort has worked with more than 150 mentors, participated in a variety of workshops, and connected with corporate partners and investors to refine and grow their businesses. The top 10 put what they learned into action when they pitch their businesses to an expert judging panel in the final round.
Since 2016, MassChallenge Israel has accelerated more than 100 companies from 10 countries and across all industries.
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across any industry. We use competitions to identify the highest-impact startups and reward them with a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we are making a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over. To date, 1,211 MassChallenge alumni have raised over $2 billion in funding, generated approximately $900 million in revenue, and created over 65,000 total jobs. For more information, please visit masschallenge.org.
MassChallenge Israel Partners
The Ministry of Jerusalem and Heritage, the Jerusalem Development Authority, the Ministry of Economy, Poalim Hi-Tech, the Kraft Group, Bolt, Inc., PTC, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, CJP, Swiss Re, The Boston Consulting Group, Liberty Mutual, Herzog, Fox & Ne’eman, Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co, Reinhold Cohn Group, Deloitte, Hutchison-Kinrot, Yigal Arnon & Co., Sagent Management, Start-Up Nation Central.
MassChallenge Israel Top 10
- 6Degrees – 6Degrees is developing an encapsulated solution helping people with Loss of Hand Dexterity reconnect to their digital life.
- c2a Security – c2a sec has invented an ingenious, patent-pending method, for implementing a firewall-type functionality into the car called the STAMPER.
- Catalytic – Catalytic Innovations develops electrolysis technology to clean up our air and environment.
- Clidrotech – Clidrotech developed a new, patent-pending system and method that disrupts the existing $2B/year market of onboard scale solutions.
- GooseWay – GooseWay is an EdTech platform for the Arabic speaking market that improves the connections between parents, kids and their kindergarten teachers.
- Kheyti – Kheyti is ending poverty for 1 million small farmers through their Greenhouse-in-a-Box – an affordable, modular greenhouse bundled with end-to-end services.
- MoonRun – A novel suspension trainer used for aerobic workouts while wirelessly connected to generate an addictive experience via digital immersion.
- OtheReality – The VR clips of OtheReality enable students to experience the world through the eyes of others in society, and thus to promote social change.
- RenewSenses – We create a novel eyes-free perceptual experience for visually impaired, conveying the visual world through sound and touch.
- Sukriti – Sukriti developed a smart toilet cabin employing hygiene maintenance systems to enhance user experience in sanitation.