35 startups join global network
Mico City – MassChallenge, the most startup-friendly accelerator of the planet, today announced that 35 high-impact, high potential early-stage startups will participate in its 2017 accelerator program in Mexico.
The Mexican entrepreneurial ecosystem is extremely vibrant and dynamic and this years class is incredible, said Camila Lecaros Managing Director of MassChallenge Mexico. “Now in its second year, MassChallenge Mexico is excited to help these entrepreneurs grow in the local and international markets.
The 2017 class in Mexico were selected from more than 447 applications. The 35 startups represent:
- 4 countries
- 34% female founders
- 5 major industries
- 34% General Consumer/Retail/Other
- 31% High Tech
- 14% Healthcare
- 12% Social Impact
- 9% Energy/Cleantech
The 2017 class joins 29 MassChallenge Mexico alumni from 2016. Those alumni have raised approximately $7.7 million USD, and have generated more than 500 jobs.
Over the past seven years, MassChallenge has graduated more than 1,200 entrepreneurs from our intensive accelerator, enabling them to create enormous impact around the world, said John Harthorne, Founder and CEO of MassChallenge. We are proud to welcome such a high-potential class of startups to MassChallenge, and are excited to help them define their future and maximize their impact.
Selected startups will participate in a three month accelerator program, during which they will receive mentoring from local and international experts from different industries, a tailor-made program, free co-working space and, access to MassChallenge Mexicos corporate partners. In addition to existing partners, MassChallenge Mexico welcomes new corporate partners HDI Seguros, Nestl Bosch, Rassini, and Interprotecci.
The accelerator will culminate with the MassChallenge Mexico Awards, where the most promising startups compete for a portion of $2 million pesos.
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across any industry. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over. To date, 1,211 MassChallenge alumni have raised over $2 billion in funding, generated approximately $900 million in revenue, and created over 65,000 total jobs. For more information, please visit masschallenge.org.
MassChallenge Mexico Partners
INADEM, Secretar de Desarrollo Econico de la CDMX, FONDESO, Delegaci Miguel Hidalgo, Aeromico, Fiinlab por Gentera, Promotora Social Mico, Greenberg Trauring, Facebook, IBM, CEMEX, Baker&McKenzie, HDI Seguros, Nestl Bosch, Rassini, and Interprotecci.
2017 MassChallenge Mexico Cohort
- 1DOC3 – Health-related multichannel Q&A platform where users find better answers to their searches and health players get online visibility and data.
- Higia, Inc. – Company that develops biosensors for early detection of breast cancer.
- LECO – An on-demand service that makes eyewear accessible.
- Masi-Epoxi – A unique bone substitute proved to be effective as a permanent implant for fixing skull damages as well as maxillofacial injuries
- MediPrint – Provides high tech medical solutions, using 3D printing technologies.
- Akiba – Digitizes savings practices across the emerging markets.
- Carengo – A Peer-to-peer carsharing service: existing car owners make their car available for others to rent for short periods of time through a digital platform.
- Dinerio – The first free personal finance management platform in Mexico.
- Fondify – A crowdfunding platform focused on entrepreneurship, art and culture and charities.
- Kayum – Simplifies personal insurance for Latin consumers, through transparency (price comparison) and personalized recommendations.
- Lefort – A virtual robot that processes, learns and registers every business transaction at the time it occurs, delivering key finance data always up to date and handy for SMBs, Financial Institutions and external IT systems.
- Piktia – The easiest way to print your photos. Choose photos from your smartphone and get prints shipped.
- Saldo.MX – Using Saldo.MX, Mexicans in the US can make payments of services in Mexico.
- SIMA Project An interactive social robot to play, teach and learn which anyone with a smartphone can afford.
- Swap – Swap is a free-for-download mobile app that allows users to pay anyone on their contact list using any Mexican credit or debit card.
- Bussi Mobility – The first van pooling service for commuters in LATAM.
- Econduce – A shared mobility, technology driven company that offers self-service electric scooters with an infrastructure network of charging stations for an affordable, efficient and clean method of urban transportation.
- Ftico Periodismo Mil (Supercicos App) – Technology to empower citizens & promote freedom of speech.
- Griyum – Creamos una cadena de valor basada en micro-productores, a quienes les acercamos un paquete tecnolico para que inicien su cultivo de grillo.
- La Huerta de Elisa – Mexico’s first all-natural baby food company focused on native Mexican fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- M?s – Manufactures high design concrete products based on design partners unique objects.
- QueMesa – QueMesa is an online restaurant booking system focusing on promotions for off-peak hours to help restaurants profile in real-time.
- Shipit.mx – An API that allows anyecommerce to outsource their shipping process and obtain a high quality service and competitive price.
- Tierra de Monte – Ecotechnology that regenerates agriculture’s soils and support sustainability to provide good food and create healthy communities.
- Totolines by Entofoods – A snack made with corn, chapulin and chili, that provides a significant amount of protein from sustainable sources.
- Trueke – Offers a different way of traveling, where people can get involved with communities, cooperate with them, and acquire new experiences.
- Urbvan A mobile app daily commute transportation system with strategic routes and executive vans, that aims to make commuting in Mexico more efficient, secure and comfortable.
- Casa Maestra – We put together experts to offer face-to-face and online education/ entertainment for families.
- Dilo en Ses – Offers products and services to improve language development for deaf children.
- DonaMed Venezuela – Free web platform to donate and search for medicines in Venezuela.
- Mentes Habiles – Mentes Habiles is a manualized school evidence-based drug abuse prevention program that has been implemented through engaging technology.
- Vaaiu – Incorporates artisan rebozo into contemporary products.
- ILUMICO – A B-Corporation whose mission is to catalyze grow through solar energy in the most remote communities of Mexico.
- XOC Makes energy consumption efficient, smart and IoT-ready for the future.
- Wheels – The social network for sustainable mobility.