MEXICO CITY MassChallenge Mexico, the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet, today announced the top 10 startups from its 2017 cohort of 35 startups. These 10 startups were selected by a panel of expert judges who evaluated each startup based on their impact and potential for success. The top 10 will now move onto the final judging round, where theyll have the opportunity to win a portion of 2 million MXN pesos in zero-equity cash awards. The winners will be announced at the MassChallenge Mexico Awards on December 7, 2017 at Estaci Indianilla in Mexico City.
We are proud to announce the 10 finalists of our 2017 acceleration program. I’m confident that these companies will have a huge impact acoss their industries and will be the next generation of leaders in Mexico & LATAM , said Camila Lecaros, MassChallenge Mexico Managing Director. We are happy to be a part of their remarkable stories, and I look forward to celebrating their work alongside our partners, mentors, and community at the MassChallenge Awards on December 7th
Over the past 3.5 months, the 2017 cohort has worked with more than 100 mentors, participated in a variety of workshops, and connected with corporate partners and investors to refine and grow their businesses. The Top 10 put what they learned into action when they pitch their businesses to an expert judging panel in the final round. Now they will be competing for the 2 million MXN free-equity cash prizes.
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across any industry. We use competitions to identify the highest-impact startups and reward them with a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland,Texas and Mexico, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we are making a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over. To date, 1,211 MassChallenge alumni have raised over $2 billion in funding, generated approximately $900 million in revenue, and created over 65,000 total jobs. For more information, please visit masschallenge.org.
MassChallenge Mexico Partners
INADEM, SEDECO CDMX, FONDESO, Aeromico, Fiinlab by Gentera, Promotora Social Mico, Greenberg Trauring, Faceboo, IBM, CEMEX, Baker McKenzie, HDI Seguros, Nestl Rassini, Interprotecci and Bosch.
MassChallenge Mexico TOP 10
- Totolines – A snack made with corn, chapulin and chili, that provides a significant amount of protein from sustainable sources.
- Dilo en Ses – Offers products and services to improve language development for deaf children.
- Swap – A free-for-download mobile app that allows users to pay anyone on their contact list using any Mexican credit or debit card.
- Urbvan – A mobile app daily commute transportation system with strategic routes and executive vans, that aims to make commuting in Mexico more efficient, secure and comfortable.
- Trueke – Offers a different way of traveling, where people can get involved with communities, cooperate with them, and acquire new experiences.
- Ftico (Supercicos App) – Technology to empower citizens & promote freedom of speech.
- La Huerta de Elisa – Mexico’s first all-natural baby food company focused on native Mexican fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Leco – An on-demand service that makes eyewear accessible.
- Econduce – A shared mobility, technology driven company that offers self-service electric scooters with an infrastructure network of charging stations for an affordable, efficient and clean method of urban transportation.
- Ilexico – A B-Corporation whose mission is to catalyze grow through solar energy in the most remote communities of Mexico.