Mexico City, February 15, 2022 – MassChallenge Mexico has launched for the seventh year the call for its Accelerator Program for Startups in LATAM. Applications will be open from February 15 to April 06, 2022.
Those interested can learn more about the program, and how to apply here: https://bit.ly/3rLxypM
The acceleration program will offer participating startups constant support for 4 months, it will be a hybrid modality where it is important that startups attend 4 important dates, during the program they will be able to identify specific problems and receive advice on key areas such as product development, sales, legal advice, or fundraising.
Throughout the program, there will be different collaboration spaces for mentoring by specialists from different industries who present business solutions to problems identified with a previous diagnosis.
Startups interested in participating in the acceleration program must fill out the online form available on the official website: https://accelerate.masschallenge.org, applications will remain open until April 6, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (CST).
“Since 2016 we have helped startups, receiving more than 2,500 applications, creating an impact in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and in the world, for me that is an impressive success, last year Bitso, a participant in our Acceleration Program in 2016, became Mexico’s second unicorn, valued at over $2,000m USD. We want to invite them to believe in the potential of the Startups they are developing and to apply to the Accelerator Program for Startups in LATAM, since through MassChallenge they will be able to generate value and grow exponentially”, said Camila Lecaros, Managing Director of MassChallenge Mexico.
MassChallenge Mexico will continue to support and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem in search of the best startups in the region, for this reason, the acceleration program will provide the necessary support and tools to obtain accelerated growth in its 4-month duration (June 2022 – October 2022), all with the aim of empowering companies and increasing the chances of success, and having the following working bases:
- Tailor-made Program
- Needs Assessment
- Biweekly review of your progress
- Curriculum adjusted to the stage of your startup
Benefits of the 2022 program include:
- No equity taken
- 4-month Acceleration Program valued at USD 50,000 according to MIT.
- Mentoring from our high-level experts and Entrepreneur in Residence*
- Commitment to MCMX corporate partners
- Unique study plan adapted to the level of maturity of your startup in the form of workshops, round tables, etc
- Startup boards, peer mentoring, and networking opportunities with MassChallenge Mexico alumni
- Access to offers and discounts in kind with our allies
- Investment opportunities of up to $100,000 USD for program winners from our Partners.
* Entrepreneur in Residence is a successful entrepreneur who has demonstrated high growth in terms of the number of employees, annual revenue, successful exits, and profitable start-ups.
How to apply?
- Register in https://accelerate.masschallenge.org and create your account and complete the application form available on the site.
- Create a profile for your Startup.
- Cover the cost of the application*
- Complete and submit your application
*The cost of the application is $99 USD, but you can get a discount code for 50% to 100% off by participating in MassChallenge Mexico events and social networks. Important: This code must be used BEFORE starting the application process. We cannot refund paid applications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Participants will achieve significant growth in different areas of their company.
- Have sufficient preparation to be attractive to different investment funds.
- Generate strategic connections between the various actors in the national and international business and innovation ecosystem.
- Being part of one of the largest entrepreneurship communities at an international level.
- The entire process will be in English so that experts from our global community can give feedback on your startup. This includes the application for Round 1 of Judging, where it is important to attach a video in English, or alternatively it can be in Spanish with English subtitles) and present your pitch for Round 2.
- The evaluation of Round 2 will be carried out remotely coordinated by MassChallenge Mexico. The dates are from: May 3 to 5, 2022
- Our program is designed to receive 30 to 40 startups, this to guarantee the customized acceleration process. It is important to consider that only 5% of applicants enter the program. Plus, throughout the process, you’ll get input and feedback from our community of experts to help you better understand how to keep improving your venture.
- Do you need help filling out our application? More information is available here.
MassChallenge is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration and development. With over a decade of experience accelerating startup ecosystems, industries, and innovation. We work across industries to drive a stronger future through collaborative innovation. We are the global network for innovators working to solve massive challenges, connecting Startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies.
About MassChallenge Mexico:
Since 2016, MassChallenge Mexico has accelerated more than 200 Startups, we create acceleration processes without taking any type of equity. To these efforts, we add the support of experts and partners. Among our greatest achievements is having among our alumni the first Crypto-Unicorn in Latin America, Bitso, which was part of our first Acceleration Program in 2016.
Meet MassChallenge Mexico’s Partners:
Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo, Baker McKenzie, Dentons Cardenas & Carndenas, GreenbergTraurig, McKinsey & Company, Nestlé, Oracle Netsuite, RutaN, Simon Kucher, Universal Music Group