Our goal with these scholarships is to help support emerging industries, said MassChallenge Boston Managing Director Scott Bailey, We understand the difficulties that these companies face and hope this will provide some financial relief so they can come to Boston to focus on their startups this Summer.
Accelerator applications are open in Boston, Israel and the UK until April 1st. Finalists selected for the Boston Accelerator will have the opportunity to formally apply for individual scholarships. Scholarships have specific eligibility requirements outlined by partner organizations and relating to emerging industries.
From Our Sponsors:
Were excited to expand our partnership with MassChallenge through the Autodesk Cloud Scholarship for Impact Design, said Autodesk Senior Director Rick Rundell. Supporting early stage innovative companies using the power of design is at the core of Autodesks mission and we applaud this new opportunity to collaborate with MassChallenge.
“Massachusetts is a hub for clean energy and water innovation, with many of the leading clean technology firms on the planet calling the Commonwealth home,” said MassCEC CEO Alicia Barton. “Partnering with MassChallenge, which draws the most promising startups from around the world, will allow us to support the next generation of game-changing clean energy companies.”
MassChallenge Boston Scholarship Opportunities:
Autodesk Cloud Scholarship for Impact Design
- The Autodesk Cloud Scholarship for Impact Design will identify and support startups that are combining the power of impact design with cloud-based tools to create positive social, environmental and economic impact.
- Scholarship funding will be awarded to the startup or startups whose solutions leverage the power of design to solve global challenges.
Cydan Scholarship for Rare Diseases
- The Cydan Scholarship for Rare Diseases, Biotechnology & Therapeutics will identify and support startups that are targeting genetic conditions and accelerate the development of therapeutics and diagnosis of such disorders.
- Scholarship funding will be awarded to the startup or startups whose groundbreaking approaches impact the progression of disease and have the potential to improve the quality of life for patients with an orphan disease.
John W. Henry Scholarship for Social Impact
- The John W. Henry Family Foundation Scholarship for Social Impact will identify and support startups that are developing new and innovative solutions for underrepresented groups and underserved communities.
- Scholarship funding will be awarded to the startup or startups whose solutions have the most compelling social impact potential.
MassCEC Scholarship for Clean Energy & Water Innovation
- The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center Scholarship will identify and support startups in Massachusetts that are developing and commercializing technologies that contribute to the advancement of for Clean Energy & Water Innovation.
- Scholarship funding will be awarded to the startup or startups whose solutions serve to create new pathways to the global realization of renewable energies.
Microsoft Scholarship for Civic Innovation
- The Microsoft Scholarship for Civic Innovation will identify and support startups that help public officials deliver improved services to private citizens and enhance government effectiveness.
- Scholarship funding will be awarded to the startup or startups whose solutions foster compelling engagement and transparency between government and constituents.
Click here for more information about Boston Scholarships. Click here for FAQs regarding eligibility and the application process.
For information on how to apply to the 2015 MassChallenge program visit: masschallenge.org/apply. The deadline to apply is April 1st!
MassChallenge runs startup accelerators designed to catalyze a global renaissance by connecting high-impact startups with the resources they need to launch and succeed. Anyone can apply to MassChallenge, with any early-stage startup, in any industry, from anywhere in the world. MassChallenge does not take equity or place any restrictions on the startups it supports.
With programs in Boston, Israel and the UK, MassChallenge provides entrepreneurs with mentorship, office space, education, access to a vast network, and other resources during four months of acceleration. MassChallenge awards over $2 million in non-dilutive grants to the startups demonstrating the highest impact and highest potential. A nonprofit organization, MassChallenge is funded by corporate, public and foundation partners. To date, the 617 MassChallenge alumni have raised over $706 million in funding, generated $404 million in revenue and created 4,800 jobs. For more information, visit www.masschallenge.org.
Top MassChallenge Boston partners include: Jamestown, Fidelity Investments, Verizon, the Richard and Susan Smith Family Foundation, CASIS, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, The Deshpande Foundation, The Boston Foundation, Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, Bler, American Airlines, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bose, EMC, Henkel, iNNpulsa Colombia, Mass Tech Collaborative, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, Microsoft, Pfizer, Smith & Nephew, Thomson Reuters, Turnstone, WGBH Boston, and Zapopan.
1-888-782-7820 x 726