The 2023 AgeTech Accelerator sponsored by AARP is a quick 6-week program intended to support 10 startups with technology solutions designed to meet the needs of the world’s aging population break into the $45 trillion ‘AgeTech’ market. Startups selected for this program will work intensely on the desirability, feasibility and viability of their idea. Upon completion of the program, startups will automatically be granted acceptance into AARP Portfolio startups.
If you are a startup that sits at the intersection of longevity and technology with a product, service or experience that contributes to longer, healthier lives and empowers people to choose how they live as they age, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Areas of Focus
We are actively recruiting startups whose technology or solution aligns with the following areas:
- Unpaid Caregiving
- Mental Health / Sleep / Holistic Wellness
- Women’s Health / Menopause
- Wearables / Fitness / Nutrition
- Chronic Pain Management
- Remote Health / Telehealth
Social Connection / Companionship / Fun & Fulfillment / Gaming / Travel
AI / AR / VR / XR
Upon completion of the program, you will emerge with:
- A deeper understanding and connection to the needs of the 50+ consumer market
- Exposure and connection to a vast network of enterprises and investors who have a shared interest in the AgeTech category
- Access to the AgeTech Collaborative, AARP’s community of curated testbeds, industry leaders, investors, and other startups that are using technology to help people choose how they live as they age. Within the AgeTech Collaborative you’ll be able to search for pilot opportunities, access vendor services, and network with other AgeTech insiders.
AARP is an interest group in the United States focusing on issues affecting those over the age of fifty. The organization said it had more than 38 million members in 2018. The magazine and bulletin it sends to its members are the two largest-circulation publications in the United States. www.aarp.org