BlueTech leverages technology to enhance capabilities and address security challenges in marine environments, ensuring a more robust and effective defense strategy.
This program will focus on the application of advanced technologies and innovations related to the marine and maritime domain for defense purposes. It will encompass the integration of cutting-edge solutions into naval and coastal operations, offering strategic advantages in areas such as national security, maritime surveillance, underwater warfare, autonomous systems, ocean exploration, and environmental monitoring.
RSVP to the MassChallenge BlueTech Showcase: November 16th, 5 – 8pm EST
About The Sprint
This is a high-intensity, 6-week program designed to support strategic industry exposure with defense procurement offices, government agencies, and investors.
In weekly mandatory sessions, innovators will have access to relevant experts, mentorship, and pitch opportunities. Finalists will also benefit from connections to a tightly knit BlueTech community and alumni network. Upon commencement, startups will maintain the support and status of the global MassChallenge network.
If you are a Blue innovator and/or your startup addresses one of the challenge areas below, we highly encourage you to apply. Register for the virtual BlueTech ask me anything (AMA) on August 17 to learn more.
Enabling the Technologies We're Seeking
The BlueTech technology areas that will be prioritized for consideration in 2023 include but are not limited to:
- Autonomous systems
- Data science
- Digital twins
- Composite and advanced materials
- Underwater sensor technology
- Underwater communications (long and short range)
- Ocean and bio-inspired science
- Sensing and Surveillance
- Renewable power generation, power storage, hardware and software for adaptive power conditioning
It is MassChallenge’s goal to bring together maritime and defense leaders with startups that have the ideas and tools needed to deepen our use of the ocean to support early-stage startups. To be eligible for the program, we recommend a:
- Well-established product-market fit with clear evidence of customer demand
- Interest in scaling through both through commercial & federal markets
- Use case that addresses one or more of the challenges identified
- Must be able to attend an in-person or virtual demo day in mid-November 2023
- Accelerate engagement, impact, innovation, and speed to tech transfer
- Drive understanding and connection for BlueTech entrepreneurs to the needs of commercial markets (like the offshore wind industry)
- Deepen startup awareness of industry needs and challenges
- Provide startup teams with the education, connections, and resources to effectively work with government and defense-focused partners
- Drive increased SBIR/STTR awards to MassChallenge supported startups
Startups accepted into this program will be exposed to:
- Funding Opportunities
- Avenues for partnership and joint technology development with strategics
- Pathways to further their technological use case and/or validation
- An unsurpassed support community of volunteer experts and entrepreneurs
- Media exposure
- Legal support