MassChallenge helps entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses. We connect startups with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their businesses.
With more than a decade of experience, MassChallenge’s proven zero-equity model and global network works for our startups -- not against them.
We know that starting a business is incredibly hard, so we don’t take any equity from our startups while providing the vital resources, intentional partnerships, and community they need to grow.
- Through our accelerators in Boston, Rhode Island, Texas, Mexico, Israel, and Switzerland, we equip early-stage startups with the tools to disrupt the status quo and create meaningful change
- Through our industry verticals in HealthTech and FinTech, we build outcome-driven, tailored partnerships between later-stage startups and enterprises that drive innovation
- Through Bridge to MassChallenge, we work with leaders around the globe to develop and implement innovative new approaches that transform local innovation economies, streamline corporate innovation practices, and help startup ecosystems evolve
Learn more about our application process and our open applications here.
Search our programs here.
What makes MassChallenge different from other accelerators? Across all of our programs, we:
- Work with entrepreneurs across all industries and from anywhere in the world who are working to disrupt the status quo and create meaningful change
- Leverage the power of our global network to help startups launch and grow their businesses
- Provide one-on-one access to top industry experts and mentors
- Develop intentional partnerships between industry-leading enterprises and government entities
- Don’t take any equity from our startups and provide cash and in-kind prizes in each of our programs
Interested? Hear from some of our alumni below.
Startups that Have Come to Solve with MassChallenge
pumpspotting is the first-ever social platform and global community for breastfeeding moms. They nourish mothers while they nourish their babies. By feeding women personalized connection, support, encouragement, and places to nurse and pump at every stage from pregnancy through back to work through weaning, pumpspotting makes breastfeeding less isolating and more possible.
Named a top five app for motherhood by Apple, a world-changing idea by Fast Company, and a top 26 startup by MassChallenge.
Nonspec delivers affordable, adjustable prosthetic limb kits to clinics worldwide. They mass produce easily customizable prostheses that can fit any amputation site. Their initial focus is applying our patented core technology to below knee amputees.
Their lightweight device allows the same components to be fit to an 8 and an 18-year old and expand as needed to compensate for patient growth, while maintaining comfort.
Cake is the easiest way to think about end-of-life. 100% of people die, but 3 out of 4 of us do not plan for it, which can lead to emotional, physical, and financial suffering.
Their first-in-class, mobile-friendly web app helps users discover their end-of-life preferences and store and share them online. In addition to the free app, they offer personalized concierge services with end-of-life planning experts.
The Mentor Method is an enterprise platform using mentorship to bridge the access gap between diverse candidates and companies seeking to improve their diversity.
“I learned so much in that four-month period, both professionally and personally. I was able to greatly build upon my business acumen, increase my confidence to sit at the bigger tables and have access to those nuanced cheat codes that are more available to the typical white cis-male entrepreneur.” - Janice Omadeke, Founder and CEO of The Mentor Method.
LambdaVision is an innovative biotech developing a protein-based artificial retina to restore vision to the millions of patients blinded by retinal degenerative diseases, including retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
“If you asked me in 2016 if I thought that NASA would be one of our bigger funders or partners, the answer would have been no.” – Dr. Nicole Wagner, President and CEO.
Learn more about applying to MassChallenge and what an accelerator is with these related readings: